This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.
Welcome to Day 5 of How (and Why) To Start A Profitable Blog E-Course, even if you’re a baby boomer like me!
If you missed anything in Day 4, you can access Day 4 again here.
Getting Started the Right Way
Yesterday I showed you where you can easily and quickly create your blog online and you can actually get started there for free.
By now, you should have already accomplished the following things:
- Created your free starter account here
- Uploaded a profile image in your profile
- Added a profile description
If you haven’t completed these things yet, then go back and do that right now before you continue here today.
Success Tip #1
One of the most important things to remember as you start your blogging and online business journey is that building an online business takes time. It’s no different than if you were starting a traditional brick/mortar business of some kind. Any reputable business takes time and effort to build into something successful. You must go into this blogging journey with the mindset that you will need to work at your business consistently and that it will take time to product results.
Online Entrepreneur Training (OEC)
OK, now that you have your free starter account setup inside the Wealthy Affiliate platform, it’s time to start the free training that comes with your membership. This training is called the Online Entrepreneur Training (OEC) and it will show you step by step exactly what to do so it’s important that you follow along with the training and complete all of the action steps that are given to you along the way.
Here is how you can access the training and where you should start.
1. Log in to your Wealthy Affiliate dashboard. If for any reason you have not yet signed up for your free starter account, you should return to Day 4 of this course and complete all the Day 4 Action Steps there.
2. Click on TRAINING on the left side of the dashboard.
3. After clicking on TRAINING, click ONLINE ENTREPRENEUR CERTIFICATION, and then start with GETTING STARTED, Level 1.
Here are some screenshots to guide you along.
Start with Level 1, Lesson 1 and be sure and check off the Lesson Tasks as you complete them.
For now, go ahead and complete Lessons 1 & 2.
Also, take some time to look around inside the Wealthy Affiliate platform. Feel free to interact with other members there. This is an amazing online business community with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs in it.
Success Tip #2
Learn to love writing! You’ll be doing alot of it because your blog needs alot of content and it needs great content. Don’t waste time and effort thinking (or saying) that you don’t have any writing skills. Instead, dust of your existing writing skills and look forward to creating your own content. If you can carry on a casual conversation with someone, that’s the only skill you need to handle the writing for your blog. Simple, casual, conversational skills, just like talking to someone in person about a topic that you love. Remember, this is YOUR business. Decide to do what you need to do to make it successful.
Day 5 Action Steps
1. Login to your Wealthy Affiliate dashboard.
2. Click on Training, then go to Online Entrepreneur Certification.
3. Click on Getting Started and complete Level 1, Lessons 1 & 2.
4. Be sure and check of the Lesson Tasks as you complete them. If you have any questions about the lessons, you can always use the Private Message feature (if you’re a Premium member) that you will see on my Wealthy Affiliate profile. Feel free to message at any time!
5. Spend some time looking around inside Wealthy Affiliate and feel free to interact with any of the other members by following them, reading and commenting on their questions and posts.
Day 5 Conclusion
That’s it for Day 5 of How (and Why) To Start A Profitable Blog E-Course, even if you’re a baby boomer like me!
You’ll be receiving an email with a link to Day 6 of this course, but if you’re the kind of person that just wants to get it done, you can access Day 6 here now.