This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no cost to you. Please see my disclosure for more info.
Last Updated on
Inspirational and motivational quotes can be powerful. And since I love a great adventure, I find that inspirational travel quotes can be some of the most powerful.
I have hundreds of favorite quotes. Here’s a sneak peak at a list of just 20 of my very favorite inspirational travel quotes.
Best Inspirational Travel Quotes
1. “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
2. “The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.” – G.K. Chesterton
3. “The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes “sight-seeing.” – Daniel J. Boorstin
4. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
5. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
6. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James Michener
7. “If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.” – Cesare Pavese
8. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
9. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey.” – Fitzhugh Mullan
10. ”Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
11.“The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
12. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
13. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
14. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
15. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
16. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
17. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
18. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
19. “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville
20. “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” ~ Matthew Karsten
Educate, Encourage, Teach
Part of my goal here at stillenroute.com is to educate people that they can (and should) fit more travel, adventure and life into their lifestyle, regardless of age, and to encourage as well as teach them to do it. Read my story here.
Inspiration is supposed to move you. It’s supposed to make you emotional.
I hope you find these quotes as moving and inspiring as I do and that they will provide a little “push” for you to get out and experience life by adding more travel, adventure and life into your lifestyle.